Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Oakland opens this weekend against U-M

Oakland University opens their club season this weekend with a game at home Friday night against Michigan and at Michigan-Dearborn on Saturday night. Friday's game is at the Onyx in Rochester.

Oakland played U-M twice last year, splitting the season series 1-1. OU did not play Dearborn last season, but did play them in the 2003-2004 campaign splitting a home and home series to open the season.

Michigan is a Great Midwest Hockey League member and the game will mark the first time that OU has opened the season with a GMHL league opponent. U of M-Dearborn is an ACHA Division I school and marks the first of five ACHA D-I games that OU will play.

"It especially important for us to get off to a good start this season, with our first game being a league game, and our first four possibly being our toughest stretch of games" commented OU head coach Sean Hogan. "We have four solid lines and I'm excited to get out there and see what we are capable of."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should be a fun game. Both these teams went far at Nationals last year. U-M definatley surprised many with their team depth and looks to be getting their team back on track. Should be a pretty good crowd at the game as well.

Anonymous said...

OU has a great atmosphere at Home games. I attented a few last year (my kid plays at the ONYX) and was really suprised at the level of play and big crowds. Will hopefully get to a few this year.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the Okalnd Wayne State games too! Do you think the Griz can hang with the D-I boys?

I personally don't think OU can win, but I hope it's close!