Thursday, March 09, 2006

NMU gets Kraemer for '06-07

Wichita Falls Wildcats' captain Kyle Kraemer has committed to play for Northern Michigan University this fall.

Kraemer currently leads the NAHL team in scoring with 55 points and has been the team’s leader both on and off the ice.

Over the past few months Kraemer has spoken with numerous colleges that were interested in having him in their line up next season. The entire process, though exciting, has been very tiring.

“I really feel like I had to hand pick the right school," said Kraemer. "Every day you go back and forth between schools, comparing and contrasting everything. It has been very stressful."

The stress is now over for Kraemer as he looks forward to next year at NMU.

“I am very excited," he boasted. "Coach (Walt) Kyle and coach (John) Olver from NMU have been up front and honest with me the whole time. (Wichita Falls head) coach (Brian) Meisner also really likes them a lot and he has been instrumental in this process. I feel NMU gives me the opportunity to be the best player that I can be, and will prepare me for the future.

"The good news is that I will still be a Wildcat, but now I’ll be in green and white."

No comments: