On the heels of their GLI victory and split on the road at USCHO sixth-ranked Miami, the Michigan State Spartans have advanced to the top spot in this week's MiCHO Power Poll. The Green and White have won five of their last six games, all away from the friendly confines of Munn Arena. The Lake Superior State Lakers continue to play their best hockey in years and hold onto the second spot. The Michigan Wolverines have lost three of their last four games and have dropped down two slots to No. 3.
1) Michigan State, 12-8-1 (split at Miami)
2) Lake Superior State, 13-6-3 (took three points at UNO)
3) Michigan, 13-8-0 (idle, lost three of four)
4) Northern Michigan, 8-13-2 (split with FSU)
5) Michigan Tech, 8-12-2 (swept at UMD)
6) Western Michigan, 7-11-1 (split at BGSU)
7) Ferris State, 5-13-3 (split with NMU)
8) Wayne State, 4-16-0 (swept at No. 18 Bemidji State)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com editors Matt Mackinder and Tom Balog will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. The poll will comprise the eight Division I teams in the state of Michigan.