The Michigan Wolverines leap into the No. 1 spot in this week’s MiCHO Power Poll after a road-and-Joe split with CCHA rival Lake Superior State. The Lakers stopped the Maize and Blue, 3-2, on Friday at the Taffy Abel Arena in the Sault. The Wolverines rebounded on Sunday by sinking the Lakers, 3-1, at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.
The Michigan State Spartans drop down a peg to No. 2 after being swept by the hard-charging Western Michigan Broncos in a home-and-home series. The Spartans are winless in their last four games. The Broncos have won four straight and seven of their last ten games.
1) Michigan, 22-11-1 (split with LSSU)
2) Michigan State, 18-11-3 (swept by WMU)
3) Michigan Tech, 13-14-5 (idle)
4) Lake Superior State, 16-15-3 (split with then-No. 11 UM)
5) Western Michigan, 16-15-1 (swept then-No. 6 MSU)
6) Northern Michigan, 12-20-2 (idle)
7) Ferris State, 12-19-3 (swept BGSU)
8) Wayne State, 9-20-1 (beat, tied then-No. 17 Niagara)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com editors Matt Mackinder and Tom Balog will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. The poll will comprise the eight Division I teams in the State of Michigan. (national rankings and rankings in parenthesis reflect the USCHO/CSTV Division I Men's Poll)