For the third straight week the Michigan Wolverines find themselves in the top spot on the MiCHO Power Poll.
The third-ranked Maize and Blue swept Boston University at Yost last weekend to extend their winning streak to four games. Matt Rust scored a pair of markers on Friday night as Michigan rolled to a 4-2 win over BU. Six different players scored on Saturday night as the Wolverines completed the sweep of the winless Terriers.
Michigan State comes in at second as the Spartans have also won four straight after sweeping past the Northern Michigan Wildcats at Munn.
Michigan Tech rounds out the top three as the Huskies pulled the biggest surprise in college hockey last weekend, splitting with the top-ranked North Dakota Fighting Sioux at MacInnes.
1) Michigan, 5-1-0 (swept BU)
2) Michigan State, 4-1-0 (swept NMU)
3) Michigan Tech, 4-2-0 (split w/ #1 North Dakota)
4) Ferris State, 2-3-1 (split w/ #14 Notre Dame )
5) Lake Superior 1-2-1 (Split w/ #11 Clarkson)
6) Northern Michigan 1-5-0 (swept by MSU)
7) Western Michigan, 2-2-0 (swept by Niagara)
8) Wayne State, 0-5-1 (swept at Robert Morris)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com editors Matt Mackinder and Tom Balog will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. The poll will comprise the eight Division I teams in the State of Michigan. (National rankings and rankings in parenthesis reflect the USCHO/CSTV Division I Men's Poll)