The Michigan Wolverines just keep piling up the wins and as a result have firm hold on the MiCHO Power Poll for the sixth week in a row.
The nationally second-ranked Maize and Blue (11-1-0, 8-0-0 CCHA) racked up their 9th and 10th straight wins at the Taffy Abel Arena over the weekend at the expense of Lake Superior State.
Kevin Porter notched a pair of goals and an assist the Wolverines crushed the Lakers, 5-1, on Friday night. Porter duplicated his effort with another two markers and a helper as Michigan closed out the series in the Soo with a 6-2 knockout.
Michigan State had their eight-game winning snapped as top-ranked Miami rolled to a 4-2 win at Munn on Friday night. The RedHawks completed the sweep with a 3-1 victory on Saturday evening.
1) Michigan, 11-1-0 (swept LSSU)
2) Michigan State, 8-3-0 (swept by #1 Miami)
3) Michigan Tech, 5-6-1 (lost and tied UMD)
4) Ferris State, 5-6-1 (split at UNO)
5) Northern Michigan 3-9-0 (split at BGSU)
6) Western Michigan, 3-7-0 (swept by #9 ND)
7) Lake Superior 2-7-1 (swept by #2 UM)
8) Wayne State, 2-7-1 (split w/ Bemidji)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com editors Matt Mackinder and Tom Balog will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. The poll will comprise the eight Division I teams in the State of Michigan. (National rankings and rankings in parenthesis reflect the USCHO/CSTV Division I Men's Poll)