The top three spots remain the same in the MiCHO Power Poll.
The Michigan Wolverines are on top again with a near-perfect record of 20-2-0. The Wolverines are also ranked No. 1 nationally. The Maize and Blue swept Western Michigan in a home-and-home set last weekend.
Michigan State comes in the second spot after beating and tying Notre Dame last weekend in another home-and-home series.
The Michigan Tech Huskies went on the road and were swept by North Dakota last weekend. Still, MTU holds on to the No. 3 spot in the Power Poll, but just barely, as No. 4 Ferris State has been improving lately.
Wayne State, by virtue of their sweep at Northern Michigan, moves up to the seventh spot and knocks Lake Superior State to the basement.
1) Michigan, 20-2-0 (swept WMU)
2) Michigan State, 14-5-4 (beat, tied #6 Notre Dame)
3) Michigan Tech, 9-11-2 (swept at #8 North Dakota)
4) Ferris State, 9-9-2 (tied, lost to Alaska)
5) Northern Michigan, 9-14-1 (swept by WSU)
6) Western Michigan, 6-15-0 (swept by #1 UM)
7) Wayne State, 5-15-2 (swept NMU)
8) Lake Superior State, 3-13-4 (split with BGSU)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com editors Matt Mackinder and Tom Balog will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. The poll comprises the eight Division I teams in the state of Michigan.