A New Year and a new MiCHO Power Poll, but the top three spots remain the same.
The GLI-winning Michigan Wolverines are on the pinnacle again with a nearly flawless record of 18-2-0. The Wolverines are also ranked No. 1 nationally and are tied with Miami and Notre Dame for first place in the CCHA. The Maize and Blue have been idle since the GLI, except for a 5-1 exhibition win over the U.S. Under-18 team at Yost on Tuesday night.
Michigan State comes in the second spot after rebounding from a disappointing GLI by taking three of four points from Lake Superior State in East Lansing last weekend.
The Michigan Tech Huskies went on the road and swept Mercyhurst last weekend to move back to the .500 mark and hold on to the No. 3 spot in the Power Poll.
1) Michigan, 18-2-0 (idle)
2) Michigan State, 13-5-3 (beat, tied LSSU)
3) Michigan Tech, 9-9-2 (swept Mercyhurst)
4) Ferris State, 9-8-1 (idle)
5) Northern Michigan, 9-12-1 (split with #8 ND)
6) Western Michigan, 6-13-0 (swept by UNO)
7) Lake Superior State, 2-12-4 (lost, tied #10 MSU)
8) Wayne State, 3-15-2 (swept at #16 Minnesota)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com editors Matt Mackinder and Tom Balog will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. The poll comprises the eight Division I teams in the state of Michigan.