The Michigan Wolverines swept Ferris State in a home-and-home series last weekend to end the regular season as the top-ranked team in the MiCHO Power Poll for all but one week during the regular season.
The still-streaking Northern Michigan Wildcats stay in the No. 2 hole after sweeping Lake Superior State, who drop from No. 4 to No. 5 with Western Michigan assuming the No. 3 ranking and Ferris State falling to No. 4 after the Michigan sweep last weekend and losing both to Alaska the weekend prior.
This week's poll is also the final one of the 2008-2009 season.
1) Michigan, 26-10-0 (swept Ferris State)
2) Northern Michigan, 14-15-5 (swept Lake Superior State)
3) Western Michigan, 12-17-7 (swept Bowling Green)
4) Ferris State, 12-17-7 (swept by Michigan)
5) Lake Superior State, 10-18-8 (swept by Northern Michigan)
6) Michigan State, 10-21-5 (swept by Notre Dame)
7) Michigan Tech, 5-22-7 (idle)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com editors Matt Mackinder and Tom Balog will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. The poll will comprise the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan. The next poll will be released in October 2009.