Michigan held on for a 3-2 win in Thursday night's home opener against a talented Niagara squad and then fell to defending national champion Boston University Saturday night.
Coming in at No. 2 once again are the Michigan State Spartans. MSU pulled out an overtime win Saturday night on the road at top-ranked Miami after losing in the final minutes Friday night.
Changes in the poll this week see Western Michigan move up to No. 3, while Lake Superior State falls from the third spot to No. 5.The rest of the poll is below.
1) Michigan (beat Niagara, lost to Boston University)
2) Michigan State (split with Miami)
3) Western Michigan (swept Alabama-Huntsville)
4) Ferris State (swept Robert Morris)
5) Lake Superior State (split with Ohio State)
6) Northern Michigan (tied, lost to Bemidji State)
7) Michigan Tech (swept by Colorado College)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com staffers will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. The poll will comprise the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan.