The Michigan State Spartans have won five of their last six games and begin the New Year on top of the MiCHO Power Poll.
The ninth-ranked Spartans rolled past Michigan Tech and Rensselaer to capture the Great Lakes Invitational and have outscored their opponents 23-5 in the past four games.
Eleventh-ranked Ferris State slips down one spot after a third place finish at the Badger Showdown, while Lake Superior's eight-game unbeaten streak is good for the third place position.
Michigan remains at No. 4 after rallying for third place at the GLI. Just behind is red-hot Northern Michigan, who turned a lot of heads by winning the Dodge Holiday Classic in Minneapolis.
1) Michigan State (beat Michigan Tech and RPI)
2) Ferris State (lost to No. 6 Yale, beat Merrimack)
3) Lake Superior State (swept Robert Morris)
4) Michigan (Lost to RPI, beat Michigan Tech)
5) Northern Michigan (beat Clarkson and Minnesota)
6) Western Michigan (tied and lost to No. 10 Bemidji State)
7) Michigan Tech (lost to Michigan State and Michigan)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com staffers will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. The poll will comprise the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan.