A loss and a tie against Alaska can't keep Michigan State out of the top spot in this week's MiCHO Power Poll.
Michigan jumps to the No. 2 spot after sweeping Bowling Green and losing late to Wisconsin in the Camp Randall Hockey Classic outside last Saturday night. The Wolverines are also 5-3-2 since January 15, while Ferris State, down to No. 3, is just 1-5-2.
Northern Michigan and Lake Superior State stay at No. 4 and 5, respectively, while Western Michigan, fresh off a sweep of Notre Dame, bolts up a notch to the sixth spot.
Michigan Tech occupies the cellar, but did win the Winter Carnival last weekend by splitting with then-No. 6 Minnesota-Duluth.
1) Michigan State (tied, lost to Alaska)
2) Michigan (swept Bowling Green, lost to Wisconsin)
3) Ferris State (tied, lost to Northern Michigan)
4) Northern Michigan (beat, tied Ferris State)
5) Lake Superior State (swept by Miami)
6) Western Michigan (swept Notre Dame)
7) Michigan Tech (split with Minnesota-Duluth)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com staffers will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. Contrary to popular belief, there is no coin flip involved. The poll comprises the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan.