The Spartans finished 10th last season, but improved to a second place finish this year and earned a first round bye in the CCHA playoffs.
Ferris State, fresh off two ties with Western Michigan last weekend, remains No. 2 in the poll.
Michigan split with Notre Dame to keep a grip on the third spot this week.
The Northern Michigan Wildcats swept Lake Superior State and keep hold of No. 4, also the same place they finished in the CCHA.
LSSU (No. 5), Western (No. 6) and Michigan Tech (No. 7) round-out the rest of the poll this week.
Next week's poll will be the final MiCHO Power Poll of the season.
1) Michigan State (beat, tied Bowling Green)
2) Ferris State (tied Western Michigan twice)
3) Michigan (split with Notre Dame)
4) Northern Michigan (swept Lake Superior State)
5) Lake Superior State (swept by Northern Michigan)
6) Western Michigan (tied Ferris State twice)
7) Michigan Tech (swept by Wisconsin)
Each week during the regular season, MichiganCollegeHockey.com staffers will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. Contrary to popular belief, there is no coin flip involved. The poll comprises the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan.