This week marks the first installment of this season's MiCHO Power Poll.
The University of Michigan starts the season in the top spot after sweeping Bowling Green two weekends ago and then tying New Hampshire last weekend.
Michigan State sits in the No. 2 position after gaining three points last weekend at home against Maine.
Ferris State took care of St. Lawrence last weekend to put the Bulldogs in the three-hole.
Western Michigan swept Mercyhurst and sit comfortably in the fourth spot.
The bottom three have the much-improved Michigan Tech Huskies at No. 5, Northern Michigan at No. 6 and Lake Superior State bringing up the rear.
1) Michigan (tied New Hampshire)
2) Michigan State (tied, beat Maine)
3) Ferris State (swept St. Lawrence)
4) Western Michigan (swept Mercyhurst)
5) Michigan Tech (tied Northern Michigan, beat and tied Minnesota State)
6) Northern Michigan (tied Michigan Tech)
7) Lake Superior State (swept by Notre Dame)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com staffers will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. Contrary to popular belief, there is no coin flip involved. The poll comprises the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan.