Michigan State is the new No. 1-ranked team in this week’s MiCHO Power Poll after the Spartans swiped three points from the Alaska Nanooks on home ice last weekend.
Michigan falls to No. 2 following a split with ex-CCHA foe Nebraska-Omaha.
Western Michigan is the new No. 3 team by virtue of its three-point weekend against St. Lawrence, while the former third-ranked Ferris State Bulldogs drop to No. 5.
The Michigan Tech Huskies, off to their best start in more than a generation, sit in the fourth spot.
Lake Superior State is up a spot to No. 6, while Northern Michigan occupies the cellar in this week’s poll.
1) Michigan State (shootout loss, win against Alaska)
2) Michigan (loss, win against Nebraska-Omaha)
3) Western Michigan (win, tie against St. Lawrence)
4) Michigan Tech (win, tie against Minnesota State)
5) Ferris State (win, loss against Ohio State)
6) Lake Superior State (sweep against Colgate)
7) Northern Michigan (swept by Miami)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com staffers will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. Contrary to popular belief, there is no coin flip involved. The poll comprises the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan.