The Michigan State Spartans remain atop the MiCHO Power Poll this week after taking three of four points from Division I independent Alabama-Huntsville on home ice last weekend.
Michigan stays in the No. 2 spot after getting three key CCHA points from Ferris State by virtue of a win and a shootout loss.
Speaking of Ferris State, the Bulldogs jump to No. 3, while Western Michigan drops to the No. 4 slot, ahead of Michigan Tech, who saw its fast start quieted by a Wisconsin sweep.
Northern Michigan sits in the sixth rank and Lake Superior State is in the No. 7 spot.
1) Michigan State (tie, win against Alabama-Huntsville)
2) Michigan (shootout loss, win against Ferris State)
3) Ferris State (shootout win, loss against Michigan)
4) Western Michigan (loss, shootout loss against Notre Dame)
5) Michigan Tech (swept by Wisconsin)
6) Northern Michigan (sweep over Ohio State)
7) Lake Superior State (loss, shootout loss against Miami)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com staffers will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. Contrary to popular belief, there is no coin flip involved. The poll comprises the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan.