The Michigan Wolverines are this week’s new No. 1 team in the MiCHO Power Poll.
Michigan ventured to the far reaches of the country last weekend and split with the Alaska Nanooks in Fairbanks, Ak.
Last week’s top team, Michigan State, went on the road and was swept by Western Michigan to fall to the No. 3 spot. WMU jumps to the second-ranked spot and is hot on Michigan’s heels.
Ferris State earned two wins, one in a shootout, over previous national No. 1 Miami, and are comfortably in the fourth spot in this week’s rankings.
The bottom three remains the same with Michigan Tech at No. 5, Northern Michigan in the sixth rank and Lake Superior State in the No. 7 spot.
1) Michigan (split with Alaska)
2) Western Michigan (swept Michigan State)
3) Michigan State (swept by Western Michigan)
4) Ferris State (win, shootout win vs. Miami)
5) Michigan Tech (idle)
6) Northern Michigan (split with Lake Superior State)
7) Lake Superior State (split with Northern Michigan)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com staffers will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. Contrary to popular belief, there is no coin flip involved. The poll comprises the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan.