Michigan has distanced themselves a bit in the MiCHO Power Poll after a big sweep at home last weekend over Ohio State kept them ranked No. 1 in the weekly poll.
Western Michigan saw its nation-best unbeaten streak end against Miami and remains No. 2 this week.
Ferris State stays third after a sweep of the lone Division I independent team, Alabama-Huntsville, while Northern Michigan, up two to No. 4, got back on the winning side of things by sweeping Michigan State on the road.
The Spartans sit at No. 6, one spot below No. 5 Lake Superior State, and one spot above hapless Michigan Tech.
1) Michigan (swept Ohio State)
2) Western Michigan (shootout win, loss against Miami)
3) Ferris State (swept Alabama-Huntsville)
4) Northern Michigan (swept Michigan State)
5) Lake Superior State (shootout loss, win against Alaska)
6) Michigan State (swept by Northern Michigan)
7) Michigan Tech (tie, loss to Bemidji State)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com staffers will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. Contrary to popular belief, there is no coin flip involved. The poll comprises the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan.