Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Adrian's Skelly signs CHL contract

Courtesy Daily Telegram

Shawn Skelly feels ready for another playoff run.

Two weeks after the Adrian College men’s hockey team finished as NCAA Division III runner-up, the high-scoring forward looks to help his new team chase a championship.

Skelly has signed a professional contract with the Texas Brahmas of the Central Hockey League. He joins Texas during its best-of-five series against the Odessa Jackalopes in the first round of the CHL Ray Miron President’s Cup playoffs. Texas and Odessa split the first two games of the series and play Game 3 on Tuesday night.

“It’s a lifetime goal of mine,” Skelly said shortly before his flight to Texas on Sunday night. “I grew up always wanting to play pro hockey. It’s an exciting time that I was given this opportunity, and hopefully I can excel at it.

“...It’s going to be different coming into a team where I don’t know anyone. I hope they embrace me coming in, and hopefully I can help them out.”

Adrian College hockey standout Skelly signs professional contract

No comments: