Friday, April 22, 2011

Sinelli switches commitment to U of M


Compiled by MiCHO Staff

After committing to Michigan State more than two years ago, USHL forward Andrew Sinelli has backed out on that choice and has now verbally committed to Michigan.

According to a press release issued by the Youngstown Phantoms, the Dexter native will join the Wolverines this fall.

“The first thing you see when you walk into Yost Arena is all of their banners,” said Sinelli. “It is a winning program with a great tradition and I am very excited to be playing in Ann Arbor. I love to win and I hate losing more than anything. I want to win and that was one of the main reasons I chose Michigan.”

Sinelli was acquired by the Phantoms via a trade with the Dubuque Fighting Saints on November 1. In 38 games played with the Phantoms, Sinelli tallied five goals and three assists for eight points.

“I am a high energy forward,” said Sinelli. “I like to play physical and I am not afraid to block some shots. I will have to compete for my playing time and my work in Youngstown on the penalty kill will allow me to succeed on the college level.”

Sinelli started his USHL career in 2009-2010 with the Sioux City Musketeers before moving to the Fighting Saints at the start of this past season. Sinelli finished with 95 games played, 12 goals, 14 assists, 26 points and 123 penalty minutes in two USHL seasons.

Photo courtesy Youngstown Phantoms

No comments: