Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pearson thankful for MTU opportunity

By Andy Bourdeau/MTU Beat Writer


Mel Pearson was introduced as the 21st coach in Michigan Tech history today at a press conference on MTU's campus. The conference room was filled with media and many with local interests in the hockey program at MTU.

"I would like to thank John MacInnes for giving me the oppurtunity to play here" said Pearson. "I would like to thank Jimmy Nahrgang for seeing something in a 23-year-old. I would like to thank Glenn Mroz and last, but not least, our AD Suzanne Sanagret for giving me this oppurtunity to return to Houghton."

Pearson is happy to return to Houghton and is looking forward to starting his new position. Some of the first items on his list is to get to know the team and develop a culture change in Houghton, one that expects to win every game.

He is a welcome face around town and he got started right away, already recruiting, stating that "While Suzanne was on the golf course this weekend, I was at the ice rink... I love it, I love talking to the players and the families."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a new Huskies logo for ya. They switched to an all-yellow text a few years ago.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/redwing61/MTUhuskydog.jpg