In the first MiCHO Power Poll of the season, Michigan remains where it ended last season as the No. 1 team in the state.
The Wolverines beat Niagara in a single game early last week and then swept Bentley last weekend.
Western Michigan stays at No. 2 after sweeping hapless Alabama-Huntsville.
Ferris State, with a sweep of St. Lawrence, sits at No. 3 and Michigan Tech is No. 4 after taking two straight from American International College.
The bottom three has Northern Michigan, by splitting at Wisconsin, at No. 5, idle Lake Superior State sitting sixth and Michigan State, under new head coach Tom Anastos, at No. 7 after taking third at the annual IceBreaker Tournament.
1) Michigan (beat Niagara, swept Bentley)
2) Western Michigan (swept Alabama-Huntsville)
3) Ferris State (swept St. Lawrence)
4) Michigan Tech (swept AIC)
5) Northern Michigan (split with Wisconsin)
6) Lake Superior State (idle)
7) Michigan State (lost to Boston College, beat Air Force)
Each week during the season, MichiganCollegeHockey.com staffers will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. Contrary to popular belief, there is no coin flip involved. The poll comprises the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan.