Once again, the Michigan Wolverines are at the top of the MiCHO Power Poll.
The Wolverines lost to Northern Michigan and then rebounded for a shootout win in the second game of their series in Marquette last weekend.
Ferris State, at a perfect 6-0-0, comes in at No. 2, while Western Michigan sits third.
NMU is No. 4, Lake Superior State fifth and Michigan Tech, with a reality check against Bemidji State, sits sixth.
Michigan State has struggled out of the gate and brings up the rear again this week.
1) Michigan (loss, shootout win against Northern Michigan)
2) Ferris State (swept Miami)
3) Western Michigan (win, shootout win against Alaska)
4) Northern Michigan (win, shootout loss against Michigan)
5) Lake Superior State (split with Bowling Green)
6) Michigan Tech (swept by Bemidji State)
7) Michigan State (split with Ohio State)
Each week during the season, MichiganCollegeHockey.com staffers will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. Contrary to popular belief, there is no coin flip involved. The poll comprises the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan.