Saturday, June 09, 2007

Ferris State recruit changing his mind?

UPDATED: Sat. June 9, 3:00 p.m.

Pat Maroon won a North American Hockey League title this past season with the St. Louis Bandits and signed with Ferris State for this fall where he will begin his collegiate career.

Or will he?

Maroon, a St. Louis native and 2004 draft pick of the Ontario Hockey League's London Knights, has had his name surface in rumors lately that have the NAHL MVP skipping college for the major junior route.

St. Louis coach-GM Jon Cooper believes the 6-foot-4, 220-pound forward will still be college-bound, however.

"As of now, Maroon is planning to go to Ferris," said Cooper in an exclusive interview with Michigan College Hockey. "Could that change? Sure. However, until he tells me otherwise, I have to believe he will be in Big Rapids in the fall."

There is also a chance Maroon will be taken in the NHL Entry Draft in two weeks in Columbus.

"I am thinking of coming (to London,)" Maroon said in the Saturday edition of the London Free Press. "It all depends if I get drafted and what team drafts me and if that team tells me to go to the OHL or college. I don't have to do it but if I do get drafted and that's what the team tells me, it would be a consideration.

"It would be nice to play (in London), but it's really all up for grabs."

No comments: