For the third week in a row, Michigan sits atop the MiCHO Power Poll. Michigan split with Miami last week. Michigan State held on to the No. 2 spot after only playing an exhibition game, a loss, against the U.S. National Team Development Program. Michigan Tech jumps to the third spot after upsetting nationally-ranked Vermont out east last weekend.
MiCHO Power Poll (overall records in parentheses)
1) Michigan, 3-1-0 (split with Miami)
2) Michigan State, 1-1-0 (play two non-conference games this weekend)
3) Michigan Tech, 3-1-0 (swept Vermont)
4) Northern Michigan, 3-2-1 (won the Mutual of Omaha Stampede)
5) Lake Superior State, 2-2-0 (split with Clarkson)
6) Ferris State, 3-3-0 (split with Western Michigan)
7) Western Michigan, 2-2-0 (split with Ferris State)
8) Wayne State, 1-3-0 (earned first win last weekend)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com editors Matt Mackinder and Tom Balog will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. The poll will comprise the eight Division I teams in the state of Michigan.