Thursday, April 05, 2007

Bulldogs get nod from Alpena defender

The Alpena IceDiggers announced Wednesday that rookie defensemen Chad Billins has committed to Ferris State for the 2008-2009 season.

Billins is in his first year of junior hockey and tallied seven goals and assisted on 18 others for a total of 25 points in 62 regular season games this year.

"I am very excited to be going to Ferris," said Billins. "Coach (Bob) Daniels and his entire staff were very professional during my visit and my family and I can't thank them enough."

The Marysville native becomes the fourth IceDigger this season to commit to a Division I school joining Todd Rudasill (Ohio State), Drew Pierson (Army) and Eric Roman (Wayne State).

Billins will play one more year of juniors before making the jump to the college level and Alpena head coach Kenny Miller is happy about that situation.

"I am really happy for Chad and his family," said Miller. "He has earned this scholarship and he has improved as a player everyday. Our main goal as an organization is to move these kids on and when you can do that and get that player for another year, that is an added bonus."

No comments: