The Michigan Wolverines are again in command of the MiCHO Power Poll after dismantling the Michigan State Spartans in a two-game set last weekend.
David Wohlberg scored a pair of goals and Louie Caporusso recorded three assists as the Maize and Blue crushed the sinking Spartans, 6-1, at Yost on Friday night. Dustin Gazley notched two goals for the Spartans on Saturday, but they were still bested by a Travis Turnbull hat trick and a 5-3 Michigan win at Munn.
It was a dismal weekend for hockey in the state of Michigan with the Wolverines recording the only two wins. The rest of the poll remains unchanged.
1) Michigan, 11-7-0 (swept Michigan State)
2) Ferris State, 7-8-3 (swept by #1 Notre Dame)
3) Lake Superior State, 4-6-6 (tied Northern Michigan twice)
4) Michigan State, 4-11-3 (swept by #13 Michigan)
5) Northern Michigan, 3-10-3 (tied Lake Superior twice)
6) Western Michigan, 2-10-4 (swept at #3 Miami)
7) Michigan Tech, 2-13-1 (swept by #6 Denver)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com editors Matt Mackinder and Tom Balog will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. The poll will comprise the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan.