Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Blashill leaving WMU for Red Wings?

Compiled by MiCHO Staff

According to an article in the Kalamazoo Gazette, Western Michigan head coach Jeff Blashill may be one and done with the Broncos.

Blashill, who led the Broncos this past year to their first NCAA tournament in 15 seasons and the CCHA tournament championship game for the first time in a quarter-century, confirmed Wednesday that he's interviewed for one of the Detroit Red Wings' vacant assistant coaching positions after just one year in Kalamazoo.

"I am interviewing, but they have not made a decision and I have not made a decision yet," Blashill told the Gazette. "I do expect to know at some point by the end of the week. ... I think they are narrowing in to make a decision. And, at that point, I will make a decision."

WMU's Jeff Blashill a finalist for Detroit Red Wings' assistant coaching vacancy

No comments: