Make it eight wins in a row for the Michigan Wolverines who pounded Alaska in pair of games at Yost over the weekend. The set of victories keeps the Maize and Blue on top of the MiCHO Power Poll for the fifth straight week.
Billy Sauer stopped all 22 shots for the Wolverines as they posted a 4-0 whitewash in Ann Arbor on Friday night. Chad Kolarik posted a pair of goals on Saturday to help Michigan to a convincing 4-2 knockout of the Nanooks.
Defending National Champion Michigan State is keeping perfect pace with the boys from Ann Arbor and have also won 8 straight contests. Tim Kennedy kept his hot hand going and notched two goals in the Spartans 6-2 win on Friday and another in Saturday’s 6-2 triumph over Mercyhurst at Munn.
1) Michigan, 9-1-0 (swept Alaska)
2) Michigan State, 8-1-0 (swept Mercyhurst)
3) Michigan Tech, 5-5-0 (swept by SCSU)
4) Ferris State, 4-5-1 (swept by BGSU)
5) Lake Superior 2-5-1 (split w/ WSU)
6) Northern Michigan 2-8-0 (split w/ WMU)
7) Western Michigan, 3-5-0 (split w/ NMU)
8) Wayne State, 1-6-1 (split w/ LSSU)
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com editors Matt Mackinder and Tom Balog will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. The poll will comprise the eight Division I teams in the State of Michigan. (National rankings and rankings in parenthesis reflect the USCHO/CSTV Division I Men's Poll)