With the regular season right around the corner, the staff here at Michigan College Hockey will once again be conducting the weekly Power Poll, but this season, we're starting out with a preseason poll as well for all seven Division I men's teams in the state.
1) Michigan - How do you go against the talent returning?
2) Northern Michigan - Coming off a good year, should be in the top half of the CCHA
3) Michigan State - Poor year last year, look for them to turn it around
4) Ferris State - Team showed improvement last year
5) Michigan Tech - Solid recruiting and staying healthy will go a long way
6) Western Michigan - Could be a sleeper team this year
7) Lake Superior State - Steady goaltending is needed if they want to climb up
Each week, MichiganCollegeHockey.com staff writers will compile the MiCHO Power Poll. The poll will comprise the seven Division I teams in the state of Michigan.